Removal of Microsoft Azure AD connect involves both removal from the local domain environment as well as deactivating the service in the cloud.
- Open PowerShell as administrator
- Install Microsoft Online module for Azure Active directory:
Install-Module -Name MSonline
When prompted to continue, input “Y” “A” conveniently.
3. Input your Azure login credentials in a variable:
$msolcred = get-credential
Input global administrator account credentials when prompted
4. Connect the account using the variable we used:
connect-msolservice -credential $msolcred
5. Uninstall Azure AD Connect applications from your local domain environment using Control Panel-> Add Remove Programs
6. Once you have AD Connect uninstalled, disable the Azure AD Connect service:
Set-MsolDirSyncEnabled -EnableDirSync $false
When prompted to confirm, press Y to confirm and then press Enter.
7. Verify the sync status:
This is how, my PowerShell looks once I finish all the steps above
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!